Saturday, April 11, 2020

Unemployed BE finds a career in E publishing


Iswarya is an engineering graduate who was not able to find any job, despite her engineering degree. Her father was a salesperson and her mother a homemaker. She has an elder sister and a younger brother. The family lived in Redhills.
It was in one of her routine travel to an interview, she met a staff of Sevalaya at a bus stop. She came to know about the free course in E-publishing offered by Sevalaya’s Community College in Ambattur.
“I was desperately looking for a job. When I came to know that Sevalaya is offering free course and also assuring placement, I thought of giving it a try as I had nothing to lose and everything to gain if I got a job as promised. I went to the college the next day and learnt all about the E publishing course and its scope. Then I decided to join” says Iswarya.
“The course was for 3 months. Apart from the subject, we were also taught yoga, craft making, and spoken English. There were many guest lectures and industrial visits. I got more exposure during this course, than during my engineering course. As a part of the course, I did internship at Flatirons Jouve, the technical partner of Sevalaya.
On successful completion of the course, I got a job offer from Flatirons Jouve with a good salary package. Within a short period, I proved my worth by my sincere work and won the Shining Star of the year Award. In fact, I have won this award twice.  
I am thankful to Sevalaya for the opportunity provided to me and to many more underprivileged youngsters like me. Sevalaya has changed my life and I am proud to say that I was a student of Sevalaya.” says a beaming Iswarya

No comments:

Post a Comment